- 2020-2023: Co-Investigator, Nuffield Foundation. ‘Mapping the Changing Face of Cross-Examination in Criminal Trials’ (£328,631). [Project website]
- 2019-2022: Co-Investigator, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). ‘Improving Voice Identification Procedures’ (IVIP) (£872,120). [Project website]
- 2017-18: Principal Investigator, British Academy / Leverhulme Small Research Grant. ‘The incitement of violent offences against women in online discussion forums’ (£9,721).
Internal / Institutional Grants
- 2017-18: Co-Investigator, NTU Safety and Security Fund. ‘Methods of assessing the accuracy of accent judgements by lay listeners’. (£13,282).
- 2016-17: Co-Investigator, NTU Health and Wellbeing Fund. ‘TASC11to16′ project (Taking A Stand for Change for secondary school children aged eleven to sixteen years) (£19,851).
- 2017 (November): ESRC Festival of Social Sciences event – ’Street harassment of school students: awareness and risk’ (~£900).
- 2016-17: BAAL and Routledge Research Development Workshop fund to hold ‘Language and identity in Law and Evidence’ event at NTU (£1,500).
- 2011-14: Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Doctoral Studentship (£51,966)
- 2010-11: Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Research Preparation Master’s Studentship (£12,956)