I am a lecturer in Linguistics in the School of Arts and Humanities at Nottingham Trent University. I am also Course Tutor for Year 1 Joint Honours in Humanities.
My teaching responsibilities are:
I currently lead undergraduate modules in:
- Forensic linguistics (Level 3)
- Discourse analysis (Level 2)
- Applying Methods in Linguistics (Level 2)
- Language in Context (Level 1)
I also contribute to teaching on the team-taught module Introduction to Language and Linguistics (Level 1)
I also supervise around ten undergraduate linguistics dissertation students per year.
I am currently supervising two PhD students. Since 2014 I have successfully supervised ten students through our MA in Linguistics by research, and three students through the MA in Media and Globalisation programme. In addition to PhD and MA supervision, I also deliver lectures on the MA modules:
- MA Media and Globalisation
- Philosophical Approaches to Research
Awards and Nominations
- In 2017 I was awarded the ‘Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Award’, and was the recipient of the ‘Vice-Chancellor’s Outstanding Teacher Award for Early Career Teacher’.
- In 2016 I was shortlisted for an NTSU Award for Outstanding Teaching in the School of Arts and Humanities.